Special Collections & University Archives houses archives and manuscript collections, photographs, maps, books, and other rare or unique research material that document a wide range of subject areas. Our reading room is located on the 4th floor of the Tomás Rivera Library.
Departmental Librarians and Staff
- University Archivist
- Andrew Lippert - Processing Archivist
- Andrew reviews and prepares manuscript collections for research use after they are acquired by the library, including writing and updating finding aids. Reach out to him with questions about the manuscripts (MSS), Water (WRCA) , or Eaton collections.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 951-827-4942
- Jessica Geiser - Collections Management Librarian
- Jessica provides overall management of materials acquired by Special Collections, from accessioning and storage to metadata projects and copyright management. Reach out to her with any questions regarding the copyright status of our materials or any licensing requests.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 951-827-2850
- Karen Raines - Public Services Coordinator
- Karen can help with making requests for materials to be viewed in person in our Reading Room, requests for materials to be digitize, and general reference questions.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 951-827-3256
- Phoenix Alexander - Jay Kay Klein Librarian for Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Phoenix curates the Eaton Collection of Science Fiction and Fantasy: one of the world's largest research collections dedication to genre works and their fandoms. Reach out to him with research inquiries, information about donating papers, teaching support, and anything and everything SF/F (and horror!).
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 951-827-2840
- Sandy Enriquez - Public Services, Outreach & Community Engagement Librarian
- Sandy develops, manages, and implements robust public services operations, such as outreach, programming, reference, access services, and instruction to foster the use of Special Collections & University Archives materials. Reach out to her if you have questions about accessing collections, organizing teaching/outreach opportunities (including, but not limited to, tours, workshops, and classes), or general reference inquiries.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 951-827-2752
Publications Citing Our Collections
Materials from our collections have been cited by scholars and researches to create a wide range of publications. These works are linked below.